Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jail Cell Door

Today I finished up the textures and some of my edited normal maps for my jail cells main doors and bars. Each piece was modeled, normal'd/AO'd and textured separately so that I can custom build with each piece. Also, I can re-use some of the pieces for debris or other places within the level.  The low poly modeling was all done inside of Maya. All of the pieces were exported to Mudbox to add some scratch detail (some of which is not shown in the screenshots because I have not finished the composite normals, which I will show the process on later). Most of the pieces got a base paint layer inside of Mudbox. I used photoshop to make sure everything looked very uniform where it needed be and to erase any seams or patterned paint. I  am showing the normals, AO's and spec maps for the more complex pieces, which really aren't complex but the all the maps came out really well.

All of my renders were done using Maya software because my graphics card is having issues with Mental Ray not being enabled at times. Still not sure what is causing this issue. 





AO Map for the Hand Scanner

Composite Normal Map

Composite Spec Map

AO Map for Digital Button Lock

Normal Map for Digital Button Lock

1 comment:

  1. I am showing the normals, AO's and spec maps for the more complex pieces, which really aren't complex but the all the maps came out really well.
    irving tx locksmith

    ReplyDelete