Friday, February 17, 2012

Completed Asset: Steel Beam

Fairly simple steel beam. Limited to very few faces but I tried to do a nice texture on it to reflect the environment. Again, modeled in Maya and exported to Mudbox for higher detail. Ran into a few issues with some strange inverted normals on my higher poly base model. I deleted all of my extra edge loops and re-looped everything and reimported it into UDK, which fixed the disappearing faces issue. The problem was likely that my edgeloops were so close together that the face normals may have overlapped which caused a problem for UDK.

 Normals and AO's were done in Mudbox and edited in Photoshop. The original texture was made in Photoshop and stenciled in Mudbox. I then exported that and reimported to Photoshop, tweaked some things and created my Spec Map using that.




This image is a .png I made to represent grime and such on the bottom of the steel beam.



 Here are some in-game UDK renders of the steel beam.


No comments:

Post a Comment