Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Completed Asset: Rock Sink

Within the jail cell level I'm creating are various assets. The following is a sink made from stone that I decided to give a more natural texture. I'm not completely sold on which texture set I'm going to use. I made the base model in Maya and exported the .obj into Mudbox. I pushed this one to about 1.2million polys @ 7 levels of detail. I used a low poly layer as my base mesh and produced my AO's and Normals within Mudbox. The texture was made in Photoshop which I then imported into Mudbox and created a projected stencil to apply it so there was more randomness and less uniformity. After I brushed it on, I exported that paint layer into photoshop and applied a secondary texture as an overlay and used my AO's as a multiply, but scaled down a bit. Everything was reimported into Maya and rendered from there. Enjoy!




The Normals and AO's are all 4k created in Mudbox. Learning a new way to create normals and AO's has been fun and interesting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment