Sunday, February 12, 2012

1st Completed Rock Wall

Today I'm posting a WIP rock wall that I'm going to be using for my cave jail cell level. I'm not completely set on the textures but I am happy with the way the AO's came out, the normals need a bit of tweaking. I think the use of the scrape tool within Mudbox caused the ribbon effect you see in the normal maps. I will post them as a WIP rather than a completed object.


The AO's were made inside of Maya using a retopo'd front facing of the wall.


The Normal Map was also created in Maya using an envelope with a few tweaks.




The model was made inside of Maya as a low poly proxy. I then took it into Mudbox and ended up with 8 levels at approximately 6 million poly's. I used the level 7 mesh at 400,000 polys as the high poly source for my target mesh which is a mere 324 faces, all quads. The texture is standard procedure with multiple layers of texture along with multiply and overlay layers of the AO map and textures. I have not created a spec map or highlights as of yet. I have yet to decide on a light source and will create them as needed. Enjoy and let me know if you have any feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment