Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Concept Art Reference Composition

Today I am showing a reference composition I did for a piece of concept art featuring a few different, unique cases. *NOTE, this is not my concept art, I am unaware of the artist but I claim no artistic rights to the concept art*. I chose to really focus on the upper left piece. I envision it as a beat up safety case for some scary, bio-weapon.







         I worked in the Industrial Construction field for a while and the case reminded me of some of the components I used to work with. Much of my inspiration comes from the construction industry. I did enjoy doing this composition and hope to use these components in the future. Below are the compositions:







The color swatches I chose were also based off of a few of the references I chose. In specific, JLG Lull's (a heavy construction vehicle which is picture below), heavy duty generators, a bio-hazard sign and a nice gray metal with rust were used for specific color choices.




No comments:

Post a Comment